PSA: Into Eternity SUCKS!

As if this muthafucka needed an introduction. But in case you be one dense ass bitch, I'll spell it out for ya - Any and all rants about any and all things can be directed to this here forum. Rant on mah brothas!

Moderators: Gomer, Asshander

Gomer

PSA: Into Eternity SUCKS!

Post by Gomer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm

So a couple weeks back I was trying out last.fm for the first time. I tried a few different "band" channels (Dark Tranquillity and Mercenary for starters) and heard all sorts of different stuff I'd never heard before. Some good, some not so good - that's how it goes with metal bands, right? Well at one point I'm listening with the browser in the background (meaning I can't see who or what is currently being played) and this god awful noise comes pouring through the headphones. I think to myself, "Gah! What is this shit?" I bring the browser to the front and see that it is, in fact, Into Eternity.

See, I've given this band numerous chances. I've seem them live 4 fucking times - that's more than just about any other band that I actually give a shit about! Each time I've tried to give them an honest chance, and each time they've sucked ass. I hate the singer - his vocals are just a big fat shit sandwich slathered with Tabasco sauce. The music itself isn't anything to write home about one way or the other IMO, but the vocals are just atrocious. Every time I hear that vocalist's shrieking I want to stab my eardrums out and throw feces at the wall like a deaf, deranged monkey. And for one of their songs to play over the radio and for me to hate it with such a passion without even knowing who it was, that just cements their status as the icons of suck in my book.

Seriously, these guys need to stop touring with bands I like. The next time Edguy comes to town, they need to bring someone who compliments their style better...someone like Dream Evil. Kickass power metal with some of the cheesiest lyrics you'll ever hear - much like Edguy. See here for a good example. \m/

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Re: PSA: Into Eternity SUCKS!

Post by Asshander » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:57 pm

I can't remember Into Eternity. I can't remember if they suck or if they're good or anything about them. That, perhaps, is as damning a statement as it gets: they're utterly forgettable.

Dream Evil, however, I fucking love. Well, the first two albums. The others...meh, but the first two? Outfuckingstanding, heavy on the cheese or not.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:37 pm

I've been listening to DE's last album "United" for the past few weeks - really good stuff. Think they're working on a new studio album but no word on a release date.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:51 pm

I should probably give that one and the third one another spin or two, but I just don't remember either of them grabbing me the way the first two (first, especially) did.

Although, while I was working today, a song came up on my iPod (I dug my 5th gen iPod out of the pile of memory/memory cards and other shit it's been stuffed in for the last two years) and after just hearing the intro I thought, "I wonder who that is because this sounds pretty good." Was a song off United, but I couldn't tell you which one.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:05 am

Dream Evil is the shit! I was at the only US show they've ever played and I was stunned at the turn out. The club was half empty. I can't believe they aren't bigger. Hopefully they'll do a real tour for their next record.

And I didn't think it possible but Into Eternity both sucks and blows. I'm so disappointed every time they open a show. It's either a case of no other band is available for a tour or the headliner really wants to look good so they go with some opening suck.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 am

I recall a few years back posting about some sort of Century Media Christmas show that was headlined by DE - is that the one you're referring to? I think it was in LA somewhere...anyway I wasn't really into them back then and regrettably ignored the show (even after your recommendation that $20 was a steal to see them). Lesson learned...
Metal Lord wrote:And I didn't think it possible but Into Eternity both sucks and blows. I'm so disappointed every time they open a show. It's either a case of no other band is available for a tour or the headliner really wants to look good so they go with some opening suck.
Interesting theory, the only that makes sense to me. :|