Google De-indexed?

Somethin' on dis here forum site dat just ain't kosher wit you? Think of some new dope-ass color scheme? Gots an idea fo' a sweet new forum? Den dis here be da place to post all o' dat shiznat! Word is bond.

Moderator: Gomer

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Google De-indexed?

Post by Hellraiser » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am

Is anyone else able to find this board through a Google search?

When checking the board from work, I often search for this site's host name and follow Google's provided link to navigate here. When I tried this method yesterday, Google was no longer finding the board...

Has the almighty, Jobu's Supafly Forum been scrubbed from Google's index?

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Google De-indexed?

Post by Hellraiser » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:21 pm

I have been checking periodically over the past two months and Google still hates this board.

Good!

https://duckduckgo.com/ seems to find the board with no problems and claims it does not track its user's search queries. Looks like I will be using this engine more until it starts to be dickheads in some fashion.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I forgot all about this post. Honestly I have no idea why these forums would've fallen off of Google's radar - were they ever on it to begin with? I guess I never really looked into how well it ranked on Google, and never made any attempts to make it popular. Just seemed like it would cause more grief than anything else (spammers, bots, hackers, etc.).

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Hellraiser » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Yes, when I typed abstract-thought.com into the Google search engine, Google would return a link to the site and I would click to navigate directly here. I did it every day a work. About two months ago, I tried and Google wouldnt return a link. I kept trying and after a week or so later, Google started returning links to Abstract-thoughts.com. I had never seen that site before.

I wonder if there are ways to get rid of similar sounding web domains, in order to make a different one more prominent.