Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Somethin' on dis here forum site dat just ain't kosher wit you? Think of some new dope-ass color scheme? Gots an idea fo' a sweet new forum? Den dis here be da place to post all o' dat shiznat! Word is bond.

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Post by Gomer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:19 am

FYI - the webhost for the forums will be changing this week. This may result in a small period of downtime, but hopefully not too much. So if you notice any issues this week, that's probably why.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Post by Asshander » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Nice. Who'd you opt to go with?

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 am

I went with the one you suggested, HawkHost. I ended up finding a promotional code that made it $4/month - couldn't beat that.

Jobu
Voodoo Deity

Post by Jobu » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Migration complete. The name servers have been kinda flaky all day, bouncing back and forth from old host to new, but I figure that'll all get worked out over the next day or so. I think I'm gonna leave the default theme for now - it just makes life easier.

Smilies appear to be having some trouble...hmm.

As usual, lemme know if you notice any shenanigans.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Oh, and some of the avatars might be hosed right now. If your avatar was one you uploaded to the board previously, then go ahead and re-upload it. If it's linked off-site it should be fine.

Jobu
Voodoo Deity

Post by Jobu » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

Did a bit of maintenance just now and got rid of some of the obsolete forums. Some didn't apply to our interests anymore, others just simply hadn't been used in ages. Most I didn't delete (as I didn't want to lose all the posts for each one) just hid them from view. So they're still around, you just can't see them anymore, but the posts they contain will still show up when you search. You know, in case you ever wanna take a walk down memory lane or whatever. :lol:

I debated getting rid of the food-related forums but let them be for now. Also added one new forum that does apply to our interests these days. 8)

I'll try to get the old avatars fixed this weekend.