New Forum!

Somethin' on dis here forum site dat just ain't kosher wit you? Think of some new dope-ass color scheme? Gots an idea fo' a sweet new forum? Den dis here be da place to post all o' dat shiznat! Word is bond.

Moderator: Gomer

Jobu
Voodoo Deity

New Forum!

Post by Jobu » Sat May 17, 2003 11:47 am

So here it is. The migration to PHPBB is complete. I was able to transfer most of the Snitz data over to the PHPBB database, so all of our usernames and stats should be the same as they were. Unfortunately, you will have to manually do a few things:
  • First, one of the things that would not transfer over were user passwords, because PHPBB and Snitz encrypt them differently when they store them. So what you'll need to do is login using your regular username, with the password "iruber", and that should get you in. Then you can go to your profile and change your password to whatever you like.
  • Also, you'll need to choose your avatar again, as the avatar systems work a bit differently, and I lost a couple of the avatars when the last host fucked up. Namely, the existing Simpsons avatars (they were linked from offsite, and I don't feel like reentering the URLs), and the "Fly Tard" avatars. I plan on uploading some newer/better Simpsons avatars later anyway. If anyone still has the tard avatars, send them to admin@abstract-thought.com please. I'll re-add them then.
  • For some reason, previously existing posts aren't showing up. I can see them in the database, and the forum will list the "Last Posted Message" icon on the right with a working link to that message, but when I just browse the forums, I don't see any of the old ones. Dunno why that is. Just an FYI. New posts that are created are displayed fine.
That's all I can think of right now. Please feel free to test some of the features that are offereed, to make sure everything works as it should. I tested just a few of the basics, like posting messages, private messages, and starting a poll. All seemed to work for me. The whole point of trying this out is to see if the PHP-based forum system works any better than the ASP one. That way I can determine if its the forum system that was giving me problems before, or the host. So if you have any problems, post them here, or email me if you can't get in for some reason.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Sat May 17, 2003 1:45 pm

Everything is looking super-snazzy from this end.

And it's good to have the Hawkman back. Aww yeah. :mrgreen:

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Hellraiser » Sun May 18, 2003 10:15 am

It seems as if all is good at this end also. Is there any way to make the message box bigger?

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Sun May 18, 2003 2:49 pm

Probably. Though I don't recell seeing an option for it in the admin config (granted I wasn't looking), if nothing else I could prolly hack the HTML to make the cell on this side of the table wider. Or make the contents of the cell take up more space, it depends on how they have it set up. I also noticed that the "New Post" icons aren't always working for me for some reason. I'm not sure if that's a problem with the style, or something else. Are any of you noticing this?

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Sun May 18, 2003 3:44 pm

It's looking pretty nice on my end as well.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2003 8:08 pm

None of the new post items worked on this machine either.

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2003 8:22 pm

Ooops, I guess I was not logged in the above post. :?

Post by Guest » Sun May 18, 2003 8:25 pm

one more try.?.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Mon May 19, 2003 7:23 am

I noticed on my machine at home that sometimes when I logged in it wouldn't really "log me in". Had to try it an extra time before it would work. On my work machine it seemed to work fine tho. Dunno if that's a random thing or what. Just check the box to have it log you in automatically for the time being.

Just updated some cookie settings in the Admin section. Lemme know if that helps/hurts anything.

The Clit Commander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by The Clit Commander » Tue May 27, 2003 5:43 pm

Fly yo.... Fly...