Who's the guilty party?

Dis forum be da pot dat collects all o' da shit dat don't belong in any o' the otha' forums. Lemme break it down fo' ya'll: If dese here forums needed an enema, dis one would be where da hose would get stuck, you dig?

Moderator: Gomer

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Who's the guilty party?

Post by Asshander » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Someone removed stuff from the practice archive in the last couple days. Who be it?

Not that it particularly matters, but I have more than enough space dedicated to it there's no reason for stuff to be removed from it.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Who's the guilty party?

Post by Metal Lord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Guilty.

I removed it because it was eating up my storage space. For some reason my account is linked to yours some how and I do not have plenty of storage. I was transferring a lot of stuff and needed the space. The files had been there long enough that I figured everyone had them and would not be missed.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Huh. They shouldn't be linked since they're all on my account. I still don't get that. Our accounts need to get a divorce or an annulment or something.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Agreed. Yes this is weird. I can remove it from my account but then I won't be able to access it.

Is anyone else linked to the practice archives the way I am? I can upload to it, change the files within, and it counts against my normal account storage quota.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:43 am

Metal Lord wrote:Is anyone else linked to the practice archives the way I am? I can upload to it, change the files within, and it counts against my normal account storage quota.
I just checked and my shit says "4% of 2.2GB used" which is consistent with what I have actually uploaded to their servers. Throw something back into the Practice Archives folder and I'll see if my available space takes a hit.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:54 pm

I put a 20 MB file in there, but that may not be big enough to affect your percentage.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 pm

I added our music vid back. At 230mb you should see a hit on your percentage. It did mine.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:45 am

14.9% of 2.2GB used.

I guess if you are linked to a folder it does count against your overall usage. There has to be a way around that - some setting that makes it writable to just the person who owns the folder, and read-only to everyone else so it doesn't affect their available space?

I use DropBox so infrequently that I never noticed this before, nor cared.

Edit: Well, I guess this answers it:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/59/en

The argument being it prevents people with Basic accounts from attaining unlimited space by stacking/sharing folders with each other.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Gomer wrote:The argument being it prevents people with Basic accounts from attaining unlimited space by stacking/sharing folders with each other.
Lame.

I probably ought to check how much longer I have on my account before I go back to basic. I'll probably switch to google drive at that point (hell, why not? Lots more space for free).