9/2/11

The saga of Jobu's online alter ego, and his quest to be a complete and total social whore.

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

9/2/11

Post by Gomer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:32 am

Day 43 - 10:20am
Total friends: 820
Friend requests from other people: 43 (+1)
Event invitations: 93

Pending friend requests: 112
Friend refusals: 2
Times unfriended (since 8/10/11): 2 (profile deactivations)

Jesus! I mean that like, the expression. As in "Jesus, Jesus made a shitload of new friends yesterday!"

Jesus is getting out of control. Seriously - I don't know what has changed over the past couple of days, but friend requests have just been pouring in. It got to the point where I couldn't tally them in my head anymore, so I went to Jesus' email account and counted them up by hand. 44 total! That's not including the 3 people who added him that I know personally. I created a list for all of the folks that add Jesus, so I can keep better track of them. I noticed there was one person who added Jesus that is no longer friends with him. He must've unfriended Jesus at some point before I started keeping track on August 10th. This individual only has 11 friends tho - LOSER! His loss for turning his back on Jesus. We all know what happens to people who deny Jesus in the bible, right? :twisted:

I forsee the event invitations cracking the triple digits soon. Unreal. FB has stopped telling me exactly how many events Jesus has been invited to, and just lists "50+" on the main page. It tells me the exact number elsewhere on the site, but I thought it was funny that FB just kinda gave up on disclosing that info on the main page. "Yeah, I dunno, you've got like way more than 50 event invites Jesus." :D

Pending friend requests are getting a bit out of hand. I might need to get in there and start clearing out the old ones. As I've mentioned in the past, I think having lots of "pending" requests contributes to the banhammer being brought down. And we can't have that, not when Jesus is becoming such a social networking god.

Oh, and Jesus finally received another message from somebody asking if they'd met in real life. It has been about 700 friends since that happened last. :lol: I replied and informed her that of course, we had dated for 2 years, and that Jesus was heartbroken that she didn't remember him. OK, maybe not. I told her that Jesus is just very outgoing on the social networks (understatement of the century) and likes to make new friends. As of this posting, she has not unfriended him. ;)

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Re: 9/2/11

Post by Devil's Child » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Gomer wrote:Oh, and Jesus finally received another message from somebody asking if they'd met in real life. It has been about 700 friends since that happened last. :lol: I replied and informed her that of course, we had dated for 2 years, and that Jesus was heartbroken that she didn't remember him.
:lol: Hilarious!

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Gomer wrote:Oh, and Jesus finally received another message from somebody asking if they'd met in real life. It has been about 700 friends since that happened last. :lol: I replied and informed her that of course, we had dated for 2 years, and that Jesus was heartbroken that she didn't remember him.
:lol: Hilarious!

Jesus attending any BBQs this Labor Day weekend? Or do I need to log onto FB to find out? :lol:

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Devil's Child wrote:Jesus attending any BBQs this Labor Day weekend? Or do I need to log onto FB to find out? :lol:
Yes, you will need to ask him. I cannot keep up with his busy schedule these days. :D