Memorial Day LAN

Yo! Get da skinny on da latest crazy-large LAN party dat be goin down at Jobu's crib (or elsewhere). Suggest new games, post blueprints for yo' foodcart, or provide any otha' vital info. What it is mama!

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

Memorial Day LAN

Post by Gomer » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:33 am

Adam brought it up in a thread in my journal, and I felt it was a good idea. Since Memorial Day is the 26th of next month, I guess it would go from Friday night, the 23rd, to Monday afternoon, the 26th. This works out well for me since it won't require me to take any days off of work, which I need to be saving up for our Vegas trip this summer. Plus, I'll be all done with this wretched school semester, so I will definately be jazzed for some LAN action by then. Sounds like UT 2003 and Battlefield 1942 (that <b>is</b> what it's called, right?) could be potential winners, and did anyone ever grab/install the updated version of the OG GTA? I was looking at an older LAN thread and the last it mentioned was that it had been downloaded, but not installed. Did anyone ever give it a whirl? I think that'd be a blast multiplayer. I can remember many a hilarious GTA moment when playing multi back in the day. With 4 peeps I can only imagine the carnage. I recall attempting to play it with 3/4 people a while back, but it didn't quite work right. Hopefully they fixed whatever was wrong.

Anyway, declare your interest or lack thereof in this here thread, so I know how many to expect.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:07 pm

I ought to be game. I imagine we'll be closed that Monday, but I'll need to check to be sure.

I have GTA but still haven't installed it. Maybe if I think about it one of these days....

Also, the new Wolfenstein expansion/game should be out, but I think bots got nixed from it, unfortunately. Ought to know for certain pretty soon since it's in open testing right now.

The Clit Commander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by The Clit Commander » Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:05 am

BF1942 is off the hizzook. Ive been playin the demo religiously for the last few weeks, and its alot of fun. I have a burn of the 2 CDs for the regular game, but I wasnt able to get the game running for some reason. I patched the game up all the way, and Im using a CDKEY gen, so maybe that has something to do with it. There is also an expansion pack out for BF1942 as well as a Desert Warfare mod where its all the high tech stuff we used in Iraq. Apaches, M1A1s, F15s, all the fun goodies, and there is bot support. Sounds like a winner to me.

OGGTA would be cool too. I heard that Vice City was released on PC. Does that have network support?

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:16 pm

Bots are a good thing. That helps a ton, and I know a few people who like BF1942 quite a bit.

I don't think Vice City does (it'll be out 5/12, actually), but some people have been working on a multiplayer mode for GTA3. I don't think it's really playable yet, and it's unlikely it will be in time for the LAN. Oh well. Some old school GTA could still be a blast.

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Tue May 06, 2003 7:39 pm

I will be there. I don't know exactly for how long or which days, since I will be a regular grunt by then. But I don't see too much trouble getting days off.

Adam, did you go to the King's Used Equipment Sale&#63 I was there and got some stuff.
Adam, are you up for trying to play some hockey in Valencia the day that LAN starts, that's where I work now anyway.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Wed May 07, 2003 5:30 am

Coolness. I'm definately looking forward to this LAN. Its been a while since we had a planned one like this, and I am optimistic. Not gonna bother trying to plan anything out for it - just looking to have a good time. After the stress I've been dealing with over the past week, I'm in dire need of this sort of release. By then I'll be done with school and looking forward to a whole summer of...uh...NO SCHOOL! Sweet.

The Clit Commander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by The Clit Commander » Thu May 08, 2003 6:45 am

Bad news.. I wont be able to make it. I'll be in NY that weekend helpin my mom move my grandmother's stuff. She had a stroke last week and they are putting her in a home in LA, but we need to clear out her apartment in NY and move her stuff out here. Sorry guys.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Thu May 08, 2003 8:28 am

Bummer. Well I was also considering having one sometime in July, after we do our Vegas thing. Maybe you can make that one.

Oh, and perhaps for the Memorial Day weekend, we can go check out the Matrix if we haven't all already seen it by then. Or we can go see it a second time. Or third. Or whatever.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu May 08, 2003 1:12 pm

Doh, sorry to hear man. When it rains it pours it seems.

Another time then.