2007 LAN - ????

Yo! Get da skinny on da latest crazy-large LAN party dat be goin down at Jobu's crib (or elsewhere). Suggest new games, post blueprints for yo' foodcart, or provide any otha' vital info. What it is mama!

Moderator: Gomer

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:05 am

Well since Quake Wars is angry at my OS and will not work. I decided it was finally time to get the Xbox 360 so I did. After checking the various bundles and packages and system I finally went with the Xbox Pro/Premium (the white 20 gig model). Being the Holiday Edition I have the Marvel game as well as Forza.

So far I have to say the system is a serious upgrade from the PS2 I was using. I don't count the Wii because its not meant for performance gaming. I decided against any of the bundles because once I broke down the various deals it turned out that the only thing I was getting was a free backpack, and truth is I already have enough backpacks, I am sure one can carry it. Besides all the packages forced me to buy two games, and the two games I had an interest in were Rainbow 6 Vegas and Halo 3 to start off. I was interested in Bioshock as well, but since everyone has finished the game I figured I could borrow it rather then buy it.

As the monkey was getting the system I was trying to decide between Rainbow 6 and Halo 3 which one I wanted to get. I decided to get Halo 3 since I know one Xbox is MIA right now and figured I might get a chance to borrow that game as well. Just to clarify, there was no, "OMG it's Master Chief!" as I got the game, but the limited time I played the game it seems descent. I have not yet mastered the feel of the Xbox controller so my aim sucks right now, but that should be expected. Tried to playing online tonight, but I found it to be a lag-ful experience.

Well since there are several people that have an Xbox I might just bring mine to the LAN. I have only one controller at this point, but I am sure that will not be a problem and maybe we can do some 4 player coop or something on Rainbow 6.

I also got a cooler to prevent the RRoD, at according to the info provided by Asshander, the Xbox should have the newer processors.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:47 am

OH MY GOD YOU GOT HALO 3!!

OH

MY

GOD!!

Ya I'll let you borrow BioShock. It really is an awesome game, but the lack of any multiplayer is criminal IMO. Otherwise I think it'd totally be worth the $60. At least the replay value of the single player game is decent since you can choose different plasmid sets each time.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind trying Halo out, so you should bring that if you decide to haul the system over this weekend. Oh and don't forget to get your Xbox Live account all sorted out beforehand.

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:40 pm

Yeah I will be bringing the Xbox for the LAN.

Xbox Live is set up so maybe I can find everyone and add them to my friends list.

Yeah I will bring Halo 3 so everyone can give it a run through.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders