2006 Memorial Day LAN

Yo! Get da skinny on da latest crazy-large LAN party dat be goin down at Jobu's crib (or elsewhere). Suggest new games, post blueprints for yo' foodcart, or provide any otha' vital info. What it is mama!

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

2006 Memorial Day LAN

Post by Gomer » Mon May 08, 2006 8:13 am

Was last Thanksgiving really the last LAN we had? Wow.

So I think most of you know by now, but I'll make it official - LAN party at my place this coming memorial day weekend. That would be starting on Friday the 26th and going until Monday the 29th. Looks like we'll be trying some Battlefield 2 again (hopefully with better results than the last time we tried it), and possibly some more BattleFront 2 if all else fails. Oh, and lets not forget Q4 - I would like to give that one a shot. And we always have good ol' Rune - that game never gets old.

No new RPGs on the horizon as far as I know...which has been the case for how many years now? Sheesh.

Ebony 12-inch
Small Time Hustla'

Post by Ebony 12-inch » Mon May 08, 2006 8:32 am

Ohh ohh ohh!

I will be there. I don't know exactly for how long or which days, since I will be a regular grunt by then. But I don't see too much trouble getting days off.
"if you don't have my money then you are mine " - Rounders

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Mon May 08, 2006 9:38 am

We still have NWN kicking around if we're interested in doing that. I messed with one of the [for-sale-but-comes-with-the-the-uber-edition] mods and it didn't seem like it'd be too bad outside of the initial talk fest, but what RPG doesn't have that?

I also have the IWD2 save files from when I recently backed up/formatted the machine that hosted that game. Although at this point, starting over might not be a bad idea since I'm not sure how much anyone remembers of it (I remember a vast amount, only because I've played through the first chapter or two about 5 times -- but it's fun once you get past the Fed Ex portion (and I have a save immediately following that, I think)).

Otherwise, I'm game for Q4, but I'm not expecting a whole lot based on what I recall reading about its multiplayer stuff.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Mon May 08, 2006 10:03 am

I also have the IWD2 save files from when I recently backed up/formatted the machine that hosted that game.
Doesn't this come up in every LAN thread at some point? And we never end up touching it at the LANs. It might be safe to delete these saves, since I wouldn't know one fucking thing about where we left off, or even wtf character class I was playing. I don't suppose there exists any kind of multiplayer Star Wars RPG? Kinda like KOTOR, only with multi? I think everyone would enjoy something like that.

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Hellraiser » Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 am

I cant believe you all have forgotten to mention the game everyone is always on the edge of their seats to play.

Choi, especially the recently completed electronic version of the game.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Mon May 08, 2006 12:02 pm

Choi, especially the recently completed electronic version of the game.
You're god damn right about that.

All we need is a mini-fridge and a crap bowl to share - then the need to pry our asses out of our chairs would be completely eliminated.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Mon May 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Gomer wrote:Doesn't this come up in every LAN thread at some point? And we never end up touching it at the LANs. It might be safe to delete these saves, since I wouldn't know one fucking thing about where we left off, or even wtf character class I was playing.
It comes up frequently, yes. If I thought about it for a moment I'd likely remember what you were playing -- a cleric and something else, I think. I recall I had two sorcs and we were passing on a rogue altogether since they're pretty unnecessary. Just the same, I may finally go through this game. Would be a good summer game since it doesn't require a beast (i.e. heater) to run it.
Gomer wrote:I don't suppose there exists any kind of multiplayer Star Wars RPG? Kinda like KOTOR, only with multi?
No.

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Hellraiser » Tue May 09, 2006 12:59 pm

I think pre-existing obligations will keep me away from most of, if not all of this LAN.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Tue May 09, 2006 2:53 pm

Bah, LAN party takes precedence above all else.

Jack's raging bile duct
Small Time Hustla'

Post by Jack's raging bile duct » Wed May 17, 2006 6:09 pm

Dont park where im landing my helicopter! PAGE DOWN!
Well im in business! Business of kickin your ass! And let me tell ya! Business is booming! Im open for business! Business of given you the business............up your butt!

Jack's raging bile duct
Small Time Hustla'

Post by Jack's raging bile duct » Wed May 17, 2006 6:12 pm

mike has "pre-existing obligations" like putting on his robe and wizard hat and playing D&D and grilling dragon tail that him and his friends slayed while on their quest to find the bone-saber of zummakai!
Well im in business! Business of kickin your ass! And let me tell ya! Business is booming! Im open for business! Business of given you the business............up your butt!

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Wed May 24, 2006 8:05 pm

Whoa! Totally forgot about this. It's probably too late to request time off by now. Sorry, don't think I'll be able to make it.

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13