It's been 8 months...

Posts pertaining to the titans of metal! \m/

Moderators: Gomer, Asshander

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

It's been 8 months...

Post by Asshander » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:30 am

So it's been a while and I thought it might be a good time to check in and see what everyone's status is. A lot can change in 8 months--I know that as I find myself particularly busy most every day--but I'm still interested in carving out a bit of time if there's mutual interest in getting together and playing again.

So, no strings attached, what're your thoughts now?

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Re: It's been 8 months...

Post by Hellraiser » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm

I am pretty much open whenever these days.

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Unfortunately still unable to commit to any set schedule. For example, gone 4 of the next 5 weekends. But feel free to rock it without me.

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:48 pm

I think at this point I could make it happen. I re-read my primadonna-ish post from January and looked over everyone's responses with a fresh eye. After giving it some more thought, I guess I don't have a huge problem if we can't reliably meet every single week. We can keep it casual if that's what works best. It's not like Tight Science needs the practice, with all of our raw natural talent oozing from our sexy bodies. :lol:

My biggest gripe really comes from the fact that most of the time we don't know until Friday night/Saturday morning if we're getting together or not. I have a family that deserves whatever free time I can give to them, and it sucks to find out that I've forgone planning something fun with them to play with TS only to find out the night before that oh, half the group already made other plans and won't be able to make it. Well guess what, I would've made plans for myself if I'd known that was gonna happen (it's hard to change plans on the drop of a hat when you have kids).

I certainly don't begrudge anybody their own personal lives and am not suggesting that you should be compromising your free time to accommodate Tight Science. It would just be nice to have a bit more notice if it looks like things aren't going to pan out for the week, so I can rearrange my own schedule accordingly. The solution to this might be as simple as posting the weekly notice on Monday instead of Friday. Hell, just a few days notice is all I ask. Obviously there are still going to be times when last minute things come up for people that kill the practice that week, and that's OK. Just so long as it's the exception and not the rule.

With that said I'm pretty booked up for the foreseeable future, at least at our regular Saturday afternoon meeting time. Probably wouldn't be available until the first weekend in October. Plenty of time to pick a few new tunes to cover, no?

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 pm

So this died pretty quickly. :(

With my weekends finally starting to open up (a little bit) once October ends, I figure I'd take one last poll before officially calling it a music career. Is there any interest in still doing this? No demands for weekly attendance or expectations of greatness - just show up and do our thing when we can. My next open Saturday would be the 7th.

If not, I'll see ya'll at the RRHoF induction in 20 years! :lol:

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:50 am

Gomer wrote:So this died pretty quickly. :(
Yeah, October got away from me pretty quickly. :oops:
Gomer wrote:With my weekends finally starting to open up (a little bit) once October ends, I figure I'd take one last poll before officially calling it a music career. Is there any interest in still doing this? No demands for weekly attendance or expectations of greatness - just show up and do our thing when we can. My next open Saturday would be the 7th.
I can do the 7th, I think.

More generally, one of the eternal questions has been what day/time is best for everyone--assuming we're all interested, is there any need to revisit this or is Saturday afternoon still the best bet?

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Hellraiser » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 pm

I want to say yes this works for me at the moment but, subject to change.

Clear as mud, right?

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:05 pm

I simply don't have the time to put into learning new material or practicing existing songs. So I am out. Sorry.

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:38 am

Devil's Child wrote:I simply don't have the time to put into learning new material or practicing existing songs. So I am out. Sorry.
You can't quit - FIRED! :D