Dark - A Netflix Original

Straight outta compton style news/reviews o' da dopest ass TV shows you done been watchin'. Represent!

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

Dark - A Netflix Original

Post by Gomer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:50 pm

https://www.netflix.com/title/80100172

Found this on Netflix a few weeks back. It's a German sci-fi thriller that deals with kidnapping, murder, and time travel. We haven't finished the whole thing yet, but we're 8 episodes in (out of 10) and it has quickly become one of my new favorite things to watch. Some people compare it to Stranger Things (which, if you haven't checked out already I would also highly recommend) because both are Netflix originals that deal with missing children, and the 80s factor heavily into both. But really that's where the similarities end - Dark is definitely its own distinct show with its own distinct story.

One thing - if you do decide to check out this show, Netflix will default to dubbing the audio in English. I found this to really take away from the experience, as the English voiceover actors don't convey the same emotion as the original German actors. My advice would be to turn the audio to the native German language, and use English subtitles to understand what they're saying.