Breaking Bad

Straight outta compton style news/reviews o' da dopest ass TV shows you done been watchin'. Represent!

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

Breaking Bad

Post by Gomer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 am

I know I mentioned this a couple weeks back at one of our weekly get-togethers, but I thought I'd reiterate here how awesome this show is.

Premise: Walter White, a 50-year old high school chemistry teacher is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. In an attempt to build a nest egg for his family before he dies, he decides to start cooking crystal meth. Naturally, being a chemist, he knows how to make good meth. He teams up with a former student for sales/distribution, and all sorts of wackiness ensues. At its core it's a drama, but there's a lot of very dark comedy involved.

I just finished up the 2nd season yesterday and it was really good. The writing is top notch, and the tension is insane. It stars Bryan Cranston, of Malcolm in the Middle fame. I really liked him a lot on that show (even after I stopped watching regularly), and he doesn't disappoint on this one.

The show has been picked up for a 3rd season, though I'm not sure when that'll air (I'm assuming early next year, as the previous two seasons have both aired around March I believe). If you happen to be looking for a new TV show to invest some time into, I'd highly recommend this one.

Hellraiser
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Hellraiser » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:39 am

Half a decade later, yes the show was bad ass.