It's Elementary...

Spielst du die Gitarre? Oder ist du eine Schwule? Haben Sie einen, uh, kvestioninnen wie die Gitarre? Den, uhm, kommen nach diser forum und posten einen messagenen. Oder etwas.

Moderators: Gomer, Asshander

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

It's Elementary...

Post by Metal Lord » Thu May 17, 2007 12:39 pm

...after 7 comes 8.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG2228

This has got to be kinda awkward to play. Still wouldn't mind having one or at least trying one out. The stretch to the low strings must get fatiguing quick especially when barring the fifth with your third finger for power chords. I wonder what gage string is used for that 8th string and if it really sounds any good? Distorted basses don't sound the greatest. Just a low rumble.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu May 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Wow, I'm not sure how I feel about that. It looks kinda of wrong to me. I mean, seven is cool and all, but it's pushing it. But eight? It just looks oversized and like you need to remove four strings and call it a bass.

Anyone familiar with the guy pimping it out or his bands?

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Thu May 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Anyone familiar with the guy pimping it out or his bands?
If you're referring to the dude in the "artist spotlight" section in the bottom right of the page, I don't think he's sportin' one of these 8-stringers. I think this because it mentions the model numbers that he plays which none are this guitar (RG2228) and the guitar pictured is not an 8-string intrument. It's possible you were looking a different dude than I but I refreshed the page several times and did not notice anyone sportin' an 8-string axe. Regardless, no I've never heard of him/them or their respective bands.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu May 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Oh, just as well. I admit I didn't look too closely at the dude, but I thought the number was the same. My eyes were constantly drawn to the ridiculously wide neck of that thing (well, wide for a not-bass).