Hot Sauce Follow-up

Dis be da place to let all yo' homies know a lil' sumpin' sumpin' bout any fine delicacies you done been takin' in as of late. Not so much fo' eating establishments, but mo' fo' praisin/bitchin about specific food items you done consumed.

Moderator: Gomer

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Hot Sauce Follow-up

Post by Devil's Child » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Thought it might be interesting and perhaps entertaining to begin a post on our encounters with the fire sauces we received this past weekend, thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Jobu.

My sauce is the Blair's Mega Death sauce :evil: One website's description of this potion states: "BE WARNED: This sauce contains ingredients 650 times hotter than a jalapeño chili. Use sparingly. Not recommended for use without dilution."

So before reading this aforementioned description I added a small amount of the sauce to this morning's scrambled eggs breakfast. How small an amount, you ask? I inserted the tines of my fork into the neck of the bottle to lubricate the tines with the inferno sauce and then brushed the tines over my eggs. I repeated this approximately 7-8 times. I certainly felt like the amount I tried on a tortilla chip last week was a more significant amount.

As I consumed my "deviled" eggs, I was slapped in the face with the intensity of the heat. My tongue sizzled. I could taste the flavor of the eggs but the heat of the hot sauce wrestled for my attention, overpowering my ability to enjoy my food. Milk came in handy.

The next phase involved my lips melting. It didn't make sense to me but it felt almost like the capsaicin jumped from my tongue onto my lips with the help of the milk. Began feeling my sinuses waking up. A sniffle.

The following phase involved full nasal waterworks. The mucous burned. Nasal passages remained on fire.

Time passed until a more comfortable status was achieved: 20-30 minutes.

Anyone else dared to re-test their hot sauce :?:

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Gomer

Re: Hot Sauce Follow-up

Post by Gomer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 am

This story makes the hot sauce purchase totally worth it. :lol:

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Gomer wrote:This story makes the hot sauce purchase totally worth it. :lol:
The gift that keeps on giving ;)

"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I have not yet revisited the ultra death sauce. But your breakfast experience is much like my burrito trial of the mega death sauce. It does indeed have some kick.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Came across this awesome story that I had completely forgotten about while looking for a different thread. Were there ever any other followup mega-ultra death sauce misadventures?

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

I actually had forgotten about that particular hot sauce until I saw it in the fridge last week. I used a Hell's Kitchen ghost pepper sauce to spice up some guacamole several weekends ago but no other recent misadventures. My GI tract thanks me.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 am

New game idea for the upcoming gift exchange - tequila shots laced with the death sauce. Whoever can handle the most gets all the gifts. Winner take all! :twisted:

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Gomer wrote:Winner take all!
Followed shortly thereafter by the winner giving all.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Asshander wrote:
Gomer wrote:Winner take all!
Followed shortly thereafter by the winner giving all.
'tis the season!