Horrible news for CFG -- Closing!

Now here by popular demand, dis muthafucka' be where all mah homies straight come ta talk 'bout they fine dining experiences. Did dat place have some FINE grub? Or was they tryin ta playa-hate on yo' crazy-phat ass?

Moderator: Gomer

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Horrible news for CFG -- Closing!

Post by Devil's Child » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:53 am

Goddammit! Recession claims another of my favorites. :thumbdown:

I solemy swear to boycott McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. with extreme bitterness. :x

:evil:
email received 2/10/09 from Marcus Webster, chef and owner of Catfish Gumbo wrote:Patrons,

Due to the financial economic circumstances beyond our control and the lack of the affordability to eat out as much in the Lancaster and Palmdale area we are forced to close our restaurant, Catfish Gumbo. We are saddened that the banks that tack on incredible fees, enjoy retreat conferences in Las Vegas after receiving a $25 Billion bailout, crooked stock brokers and investment firms, the former Bush administration and our “terminator” up north has put us and many other small and large local businesses in this troubling situation. We are not the only business or person in this area needing to write a letter like this, we all need to send 825 billion letters to these firms and government organizations, unfortunately we can’t afford the stamps, you know as well as us that businesses are closing everyday around here and it is so sad. Larger chains have the financial capability and mass marketing presence to lure you away from the small mom and pop restaurants with $1.00, 2 for $3.50 and $5.00 dollar so called value meals, no matter how good of quality that you serve in your mom and pop restaurant.

February 12, 2009 is our one year anniversary, what a feat in today’s unstable market; we are very saddened that we are closing our doors next month. We have been blessed and thankful to make the acquaintance of hundreds of wonderful and friendly AV residents, and travelers who graciously took the time to talk to others, write reviews on Zagat, Trip Advisor, and Yelp.com regarding their experience when visiting Catfish Gumbo. We completely understand that you as a consumer, mom, dad, teacher and friend cannot afford to eat out or shop as much, but when you do think about the small you might just come upon the best experience you have ever had, a great product, friendly service, and small talk. Please do not take me wrong, I am not asking you to not support the big chains, just support the local small businesses as well, there are a few left.

On or about March 20 will be the last meals served from Catfish Gumbo in the Antelope Valley. Our dream and goal was to provide a different and exciting restaurant experience from the norm in the AV; I strongly believe we captured that.

Thank you again AV for your dedication, smiles, handshakes, thumbs-up and support of Catfish Gumbo, a New Orleans and Jamaican Jerk Eatery.
It has been my sincere pleasure to serve you.

Chef Marcus Webster and Staff

Catfish Gumbo is for sale, it includes;
all equipment, logos, web-site, concepts, signage, recipe bible, (30)days of chef training, training manuals, operations manuals, franchise circular opportunity which could lead to hundreds of thousands of dollars in the future. For serious buyers only, you can contact me directly at 805.368.5677.
http://www.catfish-gumbo.com
:cry: :cry: :cry:

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Gomer

Re: Horrible news for CFG -- Closing!

Post by Gomer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:47 am

"You're going to eat at Chili's and like it!

Sincerely,
The Shitty Economy"

Sad to hear - I had warmed up to trying them out...sounds like I only have a couple of weeks left.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Horrible news for CFG -- Closing!

Post by Metal Lord » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 pm

FUCK! Another kick to the jimmy. I was just in there yesterday and asked Marcus how the business was going. He didn't mention anything about this. He spoke rather about his involvement in networking with L.A.'s elite and getting investors to not only support this location but to also expand in Santa Clarita. Guess I should have seen the signs but was in denial.

Suppose I'd better gorge on the tasty grub as much as possible in the short time to come.