The return of...

Now here by popular demand, dis muthafucka' be where all mah homies straight come ta talk 'bout they fine dining experiences. Did dat place have some FINE grub? Or was they tryin ta playa-hate on yo' crazy-phat ass?

Moderator: Gomer

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

The return of...

Post by Metal Lord » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

Catfish Gumbo, sort of.

So like remember that place? Of course you do. Well I was reading an article in the Acorn which is a local paper out here and noticed a familiar name.

Turn out Marcus opened a new restaurant out this way called N'Awlinz Bistro. I recognize quite a few things on the menu from the old Catfish Gumbo. Looks like the place has been open for about a year. I just found about it and am headed there for lunch today. Once I recover from the ensuing food coma I'll update but you all will already know the end result - awesomeness!

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Re: The return of...

Post by Asshander » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Cool! And doh! Was hoping it'd be a little closer this way, but that's still cool.

We have Lee Esther's here still, and while it's not exactly the same thing, their jambalaya is awesome.

I bet Marcus will be surprised to see you, huh?

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh hellz yeah! One of these days going to roll up on Marcus and see your crib! Good to see he's doing well :D

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Update: Still awesome. Lost of new stuff. That sandwich that I always had him make special for me is now on the menu, though it is not named after me. :roll:

Devil's Child
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Devil's Child » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Metal Lord wrote:That sandwich that I always had him make special for me is now on the menu, though it is not named after me. :roll:
Did you call him on it for not giving you props?

:twisted:
"I hope you like Norwegian black metal, because I don't do earbuds." -- Rolph, The Office, Season 9, episode 13

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Devil's Child wrote:Did you call him on it for not giving you props? :twisted:
Haha, didn't call him out but I will ask him about it next time.

He now as BBQ via a huge hot smoker out in the parking lot. I got some tri-tip sliders and they are freakin' amazing! Like best sliders ever.

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I have to concur with Asshander, I wish it was a bit closer, I guess the next time I heading to Malibu or the Camrillo Outlets I will have to stop there.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders