Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

Straight outta compton style news/reviews o' da dopest ass games you done been woopin' ass on. Represent!

Moderator: Gomer

Gomer

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

Post by Gomer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am

This looks kind of cool. On sale until the end of the month:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227100/

They even have a 4-pack available that breaks down to $9/person. Nevermind I still have dozens of games on my PC that I haven't touched since Xmas. :lol: This one might be worth a try at the next LAN that I'm still trying to pin down a date/time for.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Re: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

Post by Asshander » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Sounds interesting. Sniping + nazi zombies == potential good time. I'm in for $9 if a few others are as well.

Previous entries in the game have so-so reviews, but I bet they didn't have nazi zombies.

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Sounds cool.
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

4-pack purchased. Game doesn't unlock until tomorrow so it won't be playable until then. Will pass out the gifts thru Steam as people log in - don't wanna accidentally send to the wrong person.

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Gomer wrote:4-pack purchased. Game doesn't unlock until tomorrow so it won't be playable until then. Will pass out the gifts thru Steam as people log in - don't wanna accidentally send to the wrong person.
Groovy.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:27 am

OK, I just played this for about a half hour real quick tonight, and I think this has the potential to be a fuckload of fun.

It's basically L4D set in WW2 Germany. You are a survivor outfitted with weaponry of that era: old school sniper rifles, Thompson submachine guns, Luger and Colt pistols, etc. The awesome part is the sniping - whenever you pull off a nice shot everything slows down and the camera follows the bullet through the air and you get an x-ray of the damage your shot does to your target. You get to watch their nose cave in as the bullet tears open their skull - hilarious.

I will say the controls felt really odd to me. It's your standard 3rd-person shooter, but for some reason everything felt real sluggish. It might be my vid card (a problem I plan on remedying before the LAN), but I had to turn the settings way down to get it somewhat smooth and playable. Even then, everything felt real laggy. So I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem - hopefully not.

But I can see us having some fun with this given the 4-player co-op. I think it'll be $9 well spent.

A trailer to give you an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... g7yLxXNmyI

Ketch
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Ketch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Ok, this does looks like a shitload of fun! What's better than killing Zombies? Killing zombies as a NAZI lol.

One question...any melee weapons?
"if you can't spot the sucker in your first thirty minutes at the table, then YOU are the sucker" - Rounders

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 pm

At this point the only melee I've seen thus far is a "kick" option if you start getting overrun. Would be cool if you got shit like shovels or could use your weapons as melee if you run out of ammo.

Gomer

Post by Gomer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

A taste of the co-op experience that awaits us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJxTnKOoDZI

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Wow, they ramp that shit up for multiplayer. I hadn't seen the "big guy" and he looked like a pain in the ass.

This will be fun.