Jukka officially out of Nightwish, Kai in

Straight outta compton style news/reviews o' da dopest ass albums you done been listenin' to. Represent!

Moderator: Gomer

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Jukka officially out of Nightwish, Kai in

Post by Asshander » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:17 pm

A little bummed by this, but Kai is fine. A little more of a machine than Jukka, but I have no complaints with the drums on the last album, which I think Kai recorded. Still, sad to see one of my faves go.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nightw ... t-drummer/

Gomer

Re: Jukka officially out of Nightwish, Kai in

Post by Gomer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Damn, didn't realize that he had been out of action for the last 5 years.

I haven't been keeping up with Nightwish lately - was the last album any good?

Asshander
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Asshander » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:39 pm

I think I liked the last album more than the previous. Granted, they're kind of different styles due to the singer change. I don't dislike the other one, but I find I like fewer songs overall than the most recent. Plus, the very last song on the most recent album has Richard Dawkins reading some Darwin quotes (and maybe some of his own?). I mean, why not?

This upcoming one (they just got together to start on the next album) will be the first where the drums are written for Kai, since the previous one was done for Jukka. I don't know how that'll play out, but they're definitely different drummers.

Metal Lord
Disciple of Shaft

Post by Metal Lord » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:28 pm

Bummer, I thought he was returning for the next album and subsequent tour. Was looking forward to hearing him perform live again. Dude was amazing and really helped make the shows.